|This article is about a professor. You may be looking for his true identity or his other self.|
Professor Venomous is tall with a slender body and lilac skin (due to an experiment trying to get his powers back). He has black, spiky, slicked back hair, a thin mouth with thin eyebrows and dark purple eyelids. His nose is pointed, and he has a few stubbles facial hair along his chin and lower jaw. His attire consists of a white coat with matching boots, a navy blue turtleneck underneath his coat, and black pants.
Professor Venomous can often be seen as calm and indifferent when he is interacting with others. However, beneath his cool exterior, he has a more vicious side that he expresses whenever he is fighting heroes. He has also repeatedly expressed his admiration towards Boxman's dedication to destroying the plaza.
He has also shown to have a softer side to his personality and treats his minion Fink with great care and kindness, even going as far as to act as a parental figure to the young villain. Nevertheless, as in "K.O. vs. Fink", he begins to neglect her emotional needs owing to heavy and burdensome workload, as well as Shadowy's interference earlier in the episode and fails to realize that his material compensation can’t satisfy her.
The villain has shown to have the sentiments of a thrill-seeker. He has expressed boredom with the mundane course of his day to day life. He becomes exhilarated when becoming personally involved in attacking heroes. When he, Boxman, and Fink rode in the destructive vehicle Boxman built for Fink to attack the plaza, the situation ended in misadventure. Still though, Professor Venomous stated he likes being blown up and getting his hands dirty. The elation inspired him to buy back Boxmore from the Board Of Investors to give back to Boxman so more adventures in villainy can be had. Whether he fails or succeeds, Professor Venomous loves the experience of fighting heroes. His affinity for the villain lifestyle is so strong, he and Fink destroyed a planet given to him to conquer, and they returned to Earth to finish what they started.
Despite his villainous endeavors, he had made great strides to bond with his son, K.O., even attempting to help him defeat Shadowy Figure, before finding out they were the same person. Despite his efforts to bond with his son, his other self, as well as his fused persona don't really seem to care about K.O.'s feelings, as they used Carl's rampage to force K.O. to unleash T.K.O..
After returning to his normal self, he is shown to be ashamed of his actions, as seen when he shows up to Boxman's house with a cake and says he's sorry. During the timeskip, Venomous (now married to Boxman) is seen being proud of Fink and her career as a pro gamer. His current relationship with K.O. is left unknown, as they are no longer seen interacting much after he regained control of his body.
Abilities and Powers
Professor Venomous is an expert in bioengineering who uses potions and nonfatal gases, seen in "Rad's Alien Sickness. He even gives Boxmore's robots some bio upgrades; for example, Darrel has given tentacles for his arms as seen in "All in the Villainy and "The K.O. Trap".
Episode and Game Appearances
|Pilot & Shorts|
|0. "Lakewood Plaza Turbo":||Absent||7. "Rad Cries":||Absent|
|1. "KO":||Absent||8. "Rad's Van":||Absent|
|2. "Enid":||Absent||9. "Commercial":||Absent|
|3. "Rad":||Absent||10. "Power-Up!!!":||Absent|
|4. "Carol":||Absent||11. "Dendy":||Absent|
|5. "Enid's Bad Day":||Absent||12. "Boxmore Infomercial":||Debut|
|6. "Barrels and Crates":||Absent||13. "Let's Do It Together!":||Absent|
|93. "We Are Heroes":||Absent||103. "Radical Rescue":||Absent|
|94. "KO, Rad, and Enid!":||Pictured||104. "Let's Meet Sonic":||Absent|
|95. "TKO Rules!":||Absent||105. "Let's Get Shadowy":||Appears|
|96. "Chip's Damage":||Absent||106. "You're a Good Friend, KO":||Absent|
|97. "K.O. vs. Fink":||Appears||107. "Red Action 3: Grudgement Day":||Absent|
|98. "The K.O. Trap":||Appears||108. "Carl":||Appears|
|99. "Whatever Happened to... Rippy Roo?":||Absent||109. "Dendy's Video Channel":||Mentioned|
|100. "Planet X":||Absent||110/111. "Let's Fight to the End":||Appears|
|101. "Deep Space Vacation":||Absent||112. "Thank You for Watching the Show":||Appears|
|102. "Big Reveal":||Appears|
|OK K.O.! Lakewood Plaza Turbo:||Absent||OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes:||Mentioned|
|Parking Lot Wars:||Absent||Dynamite's Action News:||Absent|
- It was confirmed by Ryann Shannon that he did indeed let Fink get ice cream in "Boxmore Infomercial."
- He was designed by Ryann Shannon.
- The snake design in the back of Professor Venomous' suit, in "Villains' Night Out", is similar to the design of the Pokémon Arbok.
- In OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes, Drupe's quest has the player search for a duplicate scarf belonging to Professor Venomous that has a striking resemblance to Shadowy Figure's own scarf.
- Professor Venomous has striking similarities to the Shadowy Figure. In "Let's Get Shadowy", it's revealed that they are one in the same.
- He shares some similarities with Darth Vader from the Star Wars franchise; both were once on the side of good, both had an original name (Anakin Skywalker for Darth Vader and Laserblast for Venomous), both succumbed to the darkness within and both have a son who fights for the forces of good. He even quoted the line "I am your father".
- Ian Jones-Quartey confirmed that Professor Venomous is bisexual.
- Professor Venomous didn't know about K.O. and him being his biological son before "We're Captured". Venomous only looked into it after that incident.
- Professor Venomous doesn't cook and likes to get expensive takeouts almost every night.
- Ian stated in a Twitter Q&A that Professor Venomous stopped experimenting on himself and thought that all of the experiments he did as a result of his tiredness and crankiness when it was actually Shadowy Figure taking over him when he sleeps or when he least suspects it.
- Professor Venomous was nominated for Best Animation Supporting Character of 2019 for the 2019 OVA-ies TV Animation Awards for Overly Animated Podcast.