Principal Claus is a minor character in OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes. His first appearance in the series is in "The So-Bad-ical". He is the principal of Lakewood Public School, only appearing in K.O.'s class once every year.
Claus, like the icon he is based on, is a massive, overweight elderly man with reddish-pinkish skin, a bald head with a snow-white beard and eyebrows. Like most commons reincarnations of Santa Claus, he has a bright red nose and is often seen wearing red, though he mixes it up with some black overalls with two golden buttons.
Principal Claus is usually a happy and cheerful man that teaches others important lessons and runs Lakewood Public School. But as seen in "Super Black Friday", while he can fight, he regrets it immediately after the battle's over.
Abilities and Powers
As another reference in the Santa Claus mythos, Claus can grant himself flight by simply pressing his nose, as seen when he grants K.O., Rad, and Enid, the same power. The ability is visible through sparkles that appear under the user's feet as they gifted.
He can also use this flight ability in combat, where he uses it to propel himself into the air and catch Shannon while she was in mid-air.
Despite what his appearance might say, Claus is incredibly strong, as seen in the episode "Super Black Friday" where he quickly destroys Darrell by suplex and Shannon after tossing her into the sky and crushing her under his weight with relative ease, leaving her nothing but parts.
- Principal Claus is based on the popular Christmas icon Santa Claus.
- This is applicable since his last name is "Claus".
- In the episode "The So-Bad-ical" as he enters K.O. and Dendy's classroom to announce the students' substitute teacher, he can be heard saying "Ho-ho-ho", which is a common catchphrase for Santa.
- His voice actor, Mike Bell, is known for not only playing Santa Claus in numerous other shows such as The Powerpuff Girls and SpongeBob SquarePants, but also created a series of shorts for Nickelodeon's Oh Yeah! Cartoons entitled "Super Santa" voicing the titular character.
- He bears a striking resemblance to the classic Dr. Eggman from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.