OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes is a PC and console game based off OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes. It's available on Playstation 4, XBOX One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC. The game was released on October 30, 2018 for Nintendo Switch in a bundle pack with Steven Universe: Save the Light. On May 17, 2019, the game is bundled with Steven Universe: Save the Light on the Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and XBox One platforms.
When Lord Boxman resets the card levels of every hero in Lakewood Plaza, it’s up to K.O. to help his friends and secure his place as a true hero. Battle Lord Boxman’s evil robot army in fast-paced brawls, explore the mall to find quests to complete and level up special POW cards for new abilities to put the pain on Lord Boxman’s most diabolical scheme yet.
The plot starts when the Pow Card Industries manufactures a new Holo-foil Pow Cards that allows the person holding the card to summon heroes anytime they want, after Lord Boxman is defeated by K.O. again, he decides to buy the Pow Card Industries as payback to all the heroes of Lakewood Plaza Turbo by causing a whole reset of the Heros' Pow Card levels.
K.O. decides to help by raising morale after hearing from Dendy that he can bring back their levels by accepting quests from them, Boxman attempts to stop this by creating robot versions of the heroes to cause mayhem only for K.O. to destroy his whole line entirely, while questioning what's K.O.'s Powie Zowie is, Mr. Cardsley reveals that K.O.'s Powie Zowie is the "Cute-a-Clysm", after seeing that Powie Zowies are programmed based on the person's characteristics, Boxman programs K.O.'s Powie Zowie to release T.K.O. who after escaping destroys the plaza, after seeing that nobody blames K.O., he decides to hire him under the impression that he will stop destroying the plaza if he does work for him.
Without any other choice, K.O. goes to Boxmore only to discover that Boxman wasn't going to keep his promise, after escaping he discovers, unfortunately, that his friends, mom, and boss have come to Boxmore to save him only to be captured, after rescuing them, Boxman uses his robotized fortress in an last attempt to destroy Lakewood Plaza Turbo only to lose again, K.O. later discovers that he has become Level 1 and celebrates with his friends, only to be interrupted by Boxman in another attempt to destroy him again.
The main character and the only playable character, is K.O..
Pow Cards are a very important feature in the game. The player is able to collect Pow Cards to use for trading and for gaining Powie Zowies. You can buy them from the Pow Card Machine, there are secret cards you get by inputting the right codes in the machine, and some you get from the character themselves. A card's Powie Zowie is unlocked after you complete quests to that card's character. They are only available for use during battle and, upon use, it will summon the hero tied to the card to aid in combat. They can be used an infinite number of times in between cooldowns.
Presumably, the first Pow Cards that will be made available to the player are the Carol, Radicles and Mr. Gar. Other cards can also be obtained extremely early on, as Rad will direct K.O. to use the Pow Card machine. K.O. will also have possession of his own card which, at the start of the game, is at power level 0.
After a few days in-game, the arcade will open and you can play 2 minigames. In one game you fight the Boxmore robots in multiple waves, where you can try to beat records.
The other one is a Claw Machine, where you can get blind balls, paying a golden coin to play. Someone is trapped in a ball and asks for K.O. to help them out, by getting the ball with them inside out of the machine. A golden coin appears every day around the plaza, as a small, yellow sparkle on the ground.
The moment when the blind ball that the person is in it is received and out of the game, the person is revealed to be Holo-Jane, who ate a small burrito from Beardo and used her powers to get the prize in the ball. Unfortunately, her powers don't work inside arcade machines and the burrito hasn't worn off. She thanks K.O. and gives him her holofoil pow card.
When in the battle, she gives K.O. her hologram power, but only for a short time.
Pow Card levels
- K.O.: Level 0.1
- Radicles (Rad): Level 2
- Enid: Level 3
- Beardo: Level 5
- Brandon: Level 2
- Mr. Gar: Level 11
- Carol: Level 11
- Red Action: Level 4
- Billiam Milliam: Level -7
- Colewort: Level 0
- Potato: Level 1
- ARMS: Level 2
- Ted Viking and Foxy: Level 2
- Joff: Level 4
- Chameleon Jr.: Level 1
- Drupe: Level 1
- Nick Army: Level 4
- Ginger: Level 3
- Teamster: Level 5
- Dendy: Level 1
- Mr. Logic: Level 2
- Holo-Jane: Level 3
- Elodie: Level 4
- Skateboard Nerd: Level 2
- Baby Teeth: Level 1
- Jethro: Day 1, Day 8
- Darrell: Day 4, Day 5
- Shannon: Day 10
- Turbo K.O.: Day 16
- Boxmore Fortress: Day 16
- Lord Boxman: Day 16
- Jethro: Found in boxes
- Darrell: Found in boxes, Day 16
- Shannon: Found in boxes, Day 16
- Raymond: Found in boxes
- Ernesto: Found in boxes
- Mikayla: Found in boxes
- Darrell-Head: Rarely found in boxes
- Shannon-Head: Rarely found in boxes, Day 10
- Ernesto-Head: Rarely found in boxes
- Punchy (tutorial)
- Crinkly Wrinkly
- Gerald Nametag (Ancient Scroll quest)
- Mr. Cardsley (cutscenes)
- Dynamite Watkins (TV screen/cutscenes)
- Gregg (cutscenes)
- Punching Judy (cutscenes)
- Co-Bruh (cutscenes)
- Dogmun (cutscenes)
- Chameleon Sr. (summoned by Chameleon Jr.)
- Professor Venomous (mentioned)
- CARD COLLECTOR: Use your Techno's to buy a pack of POW Cards!
- GET K.O.'S POW CARD: WOW! My very own POW Card!
- MATCH MAKER: Hit one Boxmore bot with two different Powie Zowies!
- TWENTY!: Smash your way to a 20 hit combo!
- WELCOME TO YOUR 30'S: Get a super-long combo that is 30 hits or more!
- YER COOL NOW: Collect a Coolness stat point!
- MACRO CHIPS: Collect 50 microchips from stunned Boxmore baddies!
- MAXED OUT: Max out your Strength, Agility and Coolness stats!
- TECHNO PINCHER: Save up 50 Technos!
- POWIE ZOWIE BLAMMO!: Unleash a Powie Zowie on a Boxmore bot!
- GRAND SLAM: Slam an enemy you just uppercutted with a charge punch!
- STOP HITTING YOURSELVES: Air-throw an enemy bot into another enemy bot!
- MISSILE PUNCHER: Use your fists to send a Jethro missile back at an enemy!
- TO PUNCH A KISS: Knock a kiss attack back at a Raymond!
- THREE BIRDS, ONE UPPERCUT: Hit 3 enemy bots with one single uppercut!
- IMMACULATE ACHIEVEMENT: Finish a battle without taking a single hit!
- SHOW ME HOW: Enter a correct secret code into the POW Card Machine!
- STOP CALLING ME: Use the same Powie Zowie 12 times in one battle
- SECOND FIRST DATE: Use Mr. Gar and Carol's Powie Zowies in the same combo!
- DREAM BATTLES: Battle waves of bots in FIGHT! Mode
- YOU'RE BUFF: Buy a Stat Booster and buff your stats!
- COLLECT'EM ALL: Collect all of the POW Cards in the game!
- ALL IS WELL IN THE PLAZA: Complete KO's epic quest and defeat Lord Boxman!
- MY PEEPS: Chat with all the peeps in the plaza!
- The game features full voice-acting from the voice crew of the show.
- The game was made to coincide with the cartoon. As the show is made, the developers of the game gained exclusive first access to the development of each episode so it could be integrated into the game.
- The game was in development since 2015.
- Darrell and Shannon say “Daddy!” when they get hit to the ground.
- This game was originally intended for a Fall 2017 release.
- Several audio files found in the game files suggest that Professor Venomous was supposed to play a role in the game, but that was cut early on development. He was most likely going to be included in the mission Boxmore Job, where K.O. starts working at Boxmore.
- Turbo K.O. has different clothes to his TV counterpart.
- As K.O. trains in the dojo at the beginning of the game, he asks Carol about Punchy being a living punching bag. She explains that he came to life by a evil sensei when she was in P.O.I.N.T. raiding a evil dojo and took him home after the dojo was shut down.