— This article is a stub. —
|You can help OK K.O.! Wiki by expanding it.|
Enid is faced with a choice when her old friends from Ghoul School show up.
- Elsa Frankenteen
- Miss Grimwood (mentioned)
- Crudde (no lines)
- Mr. Logic (cameo)
- Elodie (flashback)
- The end credits show the original Ghoul School girls' model sheets displayed one by one.
- Phantasma's, Elsa's, and Sibella's voice actresses reprise their original roles from the Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School movie. Winnie's original voice actress passed away on January 7, 1988, from liver cancer and Tanis' original voice actress retired.
- Oddly enough, Natalie Palamides and Kristen Li both voice Buttercup and Bubbles respectively in the 2016 TV series of The Powerpuff Girls.
- This was the last time Russi Taylor, reprised the role of Phantasma, before she passed away, the following year on July 26, 2019.
- This episode shows that Rad is still a were-animal, since the events of "We've Got Fleas" as K.O. was shown as a were-animal from "KO's Video Channel".
- This episode was released in the same month as "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School" which came out 30 years ago on October 16th, 1988. It was also the 30th anniversary of the movie.
- Ian Jones-Quartey shared an image of this episode on Twitter, and said that it will be released by October, however, he did not state the episode's name. The name was later to be revealed as "Monster Party".
- Rad is seen as a were-cat briefly, using his design from We've Got Fleas.
- When Enid was at Miss Grimwood's Finishing School for Ghouls, she has her witch outfit from "Face Your Fears".
- During the scene where K.O., Boris, and Icky pop out of the jar of ashes, the picture in the background is a silhouetted version of the cover of the original Castlevania.
- During the flashback sequence, Grim from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy can be seen on "Teen SCARE!", a magazine which Phantasma is holding as she comments "Oh man, the Grim Reaper is so hot! Wouldn't it be the absolute best to grow up as spooky as this Enid? I can't think of anything cooler!" (Enid instead looks down at issue 8 of "Hot NINJAS") The cover is subtitled "THIS YEARS 20 HOT GHOSTS")
- During the scene where Winnie asks if anyone wonders what happened to "that weird guy and his Great Dane" was a direct reference to Shaggy Rogers and Scooby-Doo, the two main characters of the Scooby-Doo series and the main characters in the original film Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School where they act as gym teachers for the girl's volleyball team.
- Elsa even pokes fun at Shaggy's speech pattern, stating how he "talked, like so weird, man".
- Enid even says "ruh-roh" similar to Scooby-Doo.
- The scene where Elsa, Phantasma, and Sibella want Enid to stop the tree had the three resemble the Eds from Ed, Edd n Eddy, complete with the Squigglevision-esque vibration.
- The scene where Bernard turns human parodies the transformation scene from Disney's 1991 animated film Beauty and the Beast.
- The rap that Rad sings at the end is a reference to Scrappy's rap at the end of Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School.
View the episode's transcript here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.